Port Operator & DA Analyst – Rotterdam
Port Operator & DA Analyst
To execute required agency services to clients as per our Standard Operating Procedures, endeavouring at all times to manage the efficient and effective handling of the vessels while under our responsibility. Ensure a high quality service, a quick turnaround and minimise expenses to the vessel, owners and / or operators. The role requires that we protect and safeguard the interest of the principal, master and crew at all times.
The position reports to the Country Manager.
– To execute the clients instructions.
– To appoint company authorised service providers.
– To liaise with local authorities in accordance with the instructions of the principal.
1. Generate a PDA and send to principal
2. During port call, ensure that all costs are as anticipated in the PDA
3. Produce a FDA for all vessels under his/her operations and send to principals
4. Ensure the correctness of all PDA’s and FDA’s
5. Keep track of activity done during port stay so that the correct FDA is raised
6. Accountable for SOA’s with our principals
7. Perform all related data entry for the DAs in our WayGate system
8. Controlling the prefunding with the clients and ensuring that there are sufficient funds for payments at any point
9. Reconciliation of the company’s accounts on a quarterly basis to ensure correctness of all entries
10. Daily monitoring of debtors and regular follow up with clients for payments ensuring that there are no debts older than 30 days.
11. Delivery of correct and accurate financial reports to WPS management
12. Provide a monthly report to the Country Manager regarding the DA & SOA activity
13. Seek continuous improvements in our financial results where possible
14. Maintain an excellent relationship with our principals and service providers
1. Undertake overall responsibility for all aspects of the port call
2. Conduct preplanning of the port call well in advance liaising with all local port authorities
3. Ensure that all contact details, aoh numbers of the operational contact in the principal’s office are available at all times
4. Embark the vessel as soon as vessel is all fast alongside, if/where authorities permit
5. Coordinate vessel port operation with all the stakeholders and ensure full implementation and follow up of the planned port operation
6. Communicate proactively with all parties involved in the port call
7. Ensure immediate communication to the principal at all times
8. Responsible for logging, informing and seeking approval for any additional requirements during the vessels’ port stay that is outside the agreed scope of work
9. Keep the master and nominated officers fully aware of cargo operations progress at all times
10. Make sure all arrangements are done so as to avoid delay of berthing or departure
11. Ensure that all info is entered into our system where/when applicable with timely date of the port call, preparing statement of facts and coordinating the execution of the Final Disbursement Account
12. If sub-contractors are used during the port stay, ensure they give an excellent service at all times
13. In case of crew change, ensure crew are picked up on time and safely taken to their destination (vessel/hotel/airport) and are given every assistance possible
14. When necessary, effect the transport of crew, documents or manageable spare parts and CTM to/from the vessel
15. Display company brand image when possible, such as using company branded clothing
16. Ensure your personal appearance is always up to a high standard
17. Make sure full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn every time the vessel is attended to or a port entered
18. Seek continuous improvements in our operational procedures
Ensure that the QUALITY of the service rendered is up to Waypoint standards.
Responsible to make sure that all services rendered to the principal are in the Final Disbursement Account
• Preferably fluent in local language, spoken, written and reading
• Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
• Having a permit to work in The Netherland (EU Citizens accepted)
• Have a valid driving license
• Have a clean police conduct report
• At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology
• Preferably with experience in the shipping industry, particularly as a boarding officer
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
• Ease to communicate effectively and clearly
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Reliable, enthusiastic and professional ATTITUDE
• Confident in relating to different organisational levels
• Available to work outside normal working office hours, many times under stressful situations
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Organised, disciplined and strong personality
• Result oriented
– Dutch National or EU Citizen ONLY apply –
If you are interested in this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “Port Operator & DA Analyst”.
Waypoint Port Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.