Husbandry Control Room Operator
Husbandry Control Room Operator
- Hong Kong
To ensure that the required agency services to clients, are as per our Standard Operating Procedures, endeavouring at all times to manage the efficient and effective handling of the vessels while under the responsibility of our contracted sub-agents. Ensure a high quality service, a quick turnaround and minimise expenses to the vessel, owners and / or operators. The role requires that we protect and safeguard the interest of the principal, master and crew at all times.
The position reports to the Sub-Agency Manager.
- To execute the clients instructions.
- To allocate vessels to our authorised sub-agents.
- To liaise with our sub-agents and be the main focal point between our sub-agents and our principals.
- Pre-plan the arrival of vessels and the activities required for each call
- Allocate each vessel expected to the contracted sub-agents
- Ensure that all necessary arrangements have been done prior arrival
- Whilst vessel is in port, supervise the port and husbandry activities to make sure everything is going according to plan
- Keep track of activity done during port stay so that the correct FDA is raised
- Monitor the communication between sub-agents and owner/principal
- Support the sub-agents with coordination requirements in case of need
- Liaise with Finance department on SOA and follow up on outstanding funds for the vessels under your responsibility
- Provide a weekly report to the Sub-Agency Manager regarding the weekly activity
- Ensure the sub-agents provide an optimal service
- Seek continuous improvements in our operational procedures
- Maintain an excellent relationship with our sub-agents
- Seek increased revenue through the sub-agents
Ensure that the QUALITY of the service rendered is up to Waypoint Port Services standards.
Responsible to make sure that all services rendered to the principal are in the Final Disbursement Account.
- Fluent in local language, spoken, written and reading
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Have a valid driving license
- Have a clean police conduct report
- At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology
- MUST have experience in Shipping Agency work, preferably husbandry activity
- Strong management, interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
- Ease to communicate effectively and clearly
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable, enthusiastic and professional ATTITUDE
- Confident in relating to different organisational levels
- Available to work outside normal working office hours, many times under stressful situations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised, disciplined and strong personality
- Result oriented
Waypoint Port Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
In order to apply for this Job please send us email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “Husbandry Control Room Operator”.