Country Manager – India
Country Manager – India
Mumbai – India
– To build up, develop and manage the Waypoint Port Services office (WPS) in Mumbai, India.
– To implement company strategy, manage the yearly budget and all issues related to sales, operations, associated P&L, operational assets and liabilities.
– To be fully accountable for the P&L of the country of responsibility.
– To over-view the required agency services to clients, endeavouring at all times to manage the efficient and effective handling of the vessels while under our responsibility.
– To ensure a high quality service, a quick turnaround and minimise expenses to the vessel, owners and / or operators.
– In addition, the Country Manager of India, will also be responsible for sales and marketing activity throughout the country with the main aim to increase business for Waypoint locally and globally. This entails regular trips throughout the territory promoting WPS globally when/where required.
The position reports to the Managing Director, Waypoint Port Services (WPS) and forms part of the Corporate Management Team.
– To ensure the clients instructions are adhered to.
– To manage WPS India and all the team members.
– To organise customer visits as per the company’s requirements.
1) To build up WPS in India, develop the activities and seek constant growth to our commercial activities within the territory of responsibility.
2) Be accountable for the P & L of WPS in India.
3) Ensure the implementation of the Corporate Strategy for WPS is adhered to in your territory.
4) Actively promote business development for WPS in India.
5) Overall responsibility of the day to day activities of the office.
6) Visit customers that are beneficial to WPS in India as well as overseas.
7) Optimise operational cost by focusing on efficiency, objective control and coordination of own offices, agents, subcontractors and suppliers.
8) Financial performance, cash requirements and working capital of the responsible Area in coordination with the Group Finance Manager.
9) Meeting the Company’s statutory and fiscal obligations.
10) Ensuring the country performance meets the agreed Key Performance Indicators and targets set.
11) Personnel competence and development within WPS in India.
12) Liaise with Group Finance Manager on SOAs and manage the overall financial situation.
13) Provide a monthly report to the Managing Director regarding the activity of your country.
14) Seek continuous improvements in our operational procedures.
15) Act as Regional Sales Manager and Ambassador for WPS in India Sub-Continent area seeking growth in our global business.
The Country Manager will be measured against:
– Overall profit & loss for WPS in India.
– Internal process improvement as targeted in the strategy plan.
– Learning and growth through competence development.
– Business growth and development in India.
– Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
– Fluent in Marathi & Hindi speaking, reading and writing
– Be an Indian national
– Have a valid driving license
– Have a clean police conduct report
– At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology.
– Have at least 5 years senior management experience in the shipping industry, preferably in Ships Agency
– Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
– Ease to communicate effectively and clearly
– Ability to multitask and work under pressure
– Strong attention to detail
– Reliable, enthusiastic and professional ATTITUDE
– Confident in relating to different organisational levels
– Available to work outside normal working office hours, many times under stressful situations
– Ability to work on own initiative
– Organised, disciplined and strong personality
– Result oriented
If you are interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com with the following subject: “Country Manager – India”.
Waypoint Port Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.