Boarding Officer – Benelux
Boarding Officer – Benelux
To execute required agency services to clients as per our Standard Operating Procedures, endeavoring at all times to manage the efficient and effective handling of the vessels while under our responsibility. Ensure a high-quality service, a quick turnaround and minimize expenses to the vessel, owners and / or operators. The role requires that we protect and safeguard the interest of the principal, master and crew at all times.
The position reports to the Country Manager.
- To execute the clients’ instructions.
- To appoint company authorized service providers.
- To liaise with local authorities in accordance with the instructions of the principal.
- Undertake overall responsibility for all aspects of the port call
- Conduct preplanning of the port call well in advance liaising with all local port authorities
- Ensure that all contact details and after office hours numbers of the operational contact in the principal’s office are available at all times
- Embark the vessel as soon as vessel is all fast alongside, if/where authorities permit
- Coordinate vessel port operation with all the stakeholders and ensure full implementation and follow up of the planned port operation
- Communicate proactively with all parties involved in the port call
- Ensure immediate communication to the principal at all times
- Responsible for logging, informing and seeking approval for any additional requirements during the vessels’ port stay that is outside the agreed scope of work
- Keep the master and nominated officers fully aware of cargo operations progress at all times
- Make sure all arrangements are done so as to avoid delay of berthing or departure
- Ensure that all info is entered into our IT system where/when applicable with timely date of the port call, preparing statement of facts and coordinating the execution of the Final Disbursement Account
- If sub-contractors are used during the port stay, ensure they give an excellent service at all times
- In case of crew change, ensure crew are picked up on time and safely taken to their destination (vessel/hotel/airport) and are given every assistance possible
- When needed, effect the transport of crew, documents or manageable spare parts and CTM to/from the vessel
- Display company brand image when possible, such as using company branded clothing
- Ensure your personal appearance is always up to a high standard
- Make sure full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn every time the vessel is attended to or a port entered
- Seek continuous improvements in our operational procedures
Ensure that the QUALITY of the service rendered is up to Waypoint standards.
Responsible to make sure that all services rendered to the principal are in the Final Disbursement Account.
- Fluent in local language, spoken, written and reading
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Have a valid driving license
- Have a clean police conduct report
- At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology
- Preferably with experience in the shipping industry, particularly as a boarding officer
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
- Ease to communicate effectively and clearly
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable, enthusiastic and professional ATTITUDE
- Confident in relating to different organizational levels
- Available to work outside normal working office hours, also under stressful situations time to time. Shipping is a 24/7 business.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organized, disciplined and strong personality
- Result oriented
- A good team player
Waypoint Port Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
In order to apply for this Job please send us email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: “Boarding Officer – Benelux”.