Accountant – Brazil (Santos – SP)
Finance & Administration
To execute all accounting and financial matters of the company in a professional and timely manner. Additionally, controlling all debtors ensuring that there are no delays in payments.
The position reports to the Finance & Administration Manager.
- To liaise with the local tax authorities and any other authorities involved in WPS’ business
- To liaise with external auditors and tax advisors
- To liaise with the company’s bank
- Approval of vendors’ invoices & payments
- Approval of Customers Invoices and monitor for subsequent recovery of funds
- Preparation of monthly SOA and Email to relevant customers
- Ensuring the timely submission of all relevant taxes
- Liaising and co-ordinate with Internal and Statutory Auditors and do necessary activity to get Financial Report on a timely manner
- Liaising with banks for all related matters
- Analyzing financial data and preparing monthly/yearly financial statements and accounting information in accordance with local Financial Reporting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Preparing complete Financial reports on a monthly basis for WPS Management
Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the company’s financial records and provide any necessary info to clients, local authorities, external auditors and advisors as well as the company’s Banks.
- Strong knowledge of the Brazilian tax regime including Corporate tax, sales taxes, income tax
- Fluent in local language, spoken, written and reading
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Complete knowledge of Accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of IFRS
- At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology
- Preferably with experience in the shipping industry, particularly as a boarding officer
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
- Ease to communicate effectively and clearly
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised, disciplined and strong personality
- Result oriented
If you are interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com with the following subject: “Accountant – Brazil (Santos – SP)”.
Waypoint Port Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.