Panama Canal / Monthly Canal Operations Summary – June 2018Monday, 9th July 2018
Monthly Canal Operations Summary for June 2018: Same contains information regarding traffic statistics and next maintenance works at locks.
- Since May this year there are 16 pilots in training.
- Daily average of transit: Regulars 6.9, Supers 18.2 and Neopanamax 6.7.
- Booking percentage used: Regulars 58%, Supers 72% and Neopanamax 63%.
- To date 3,745 Neopanamax vessels has transitted thru the Neopanamax locks (new canal).
- Two additional reservation slots have been implemented for transit thru the Neopanamax locks since it’s opening.
- Allowable draft in TFW for transit thru the Neopanamax locks has reached the Max announced for the third lane project (Neo locks) – 50 feet (15.24m).
- A total of 381 LNG vessels have transited the Panama Canal; although it is a new segment it growing has reached unexpected numbers that expect to grow more.
Waypoint Port Services S.A. (Panama)
**Information provided by the Panama Canal Authority