Manage and directly lead the implementation and maintenance of Waypoint Port Services Quality Management System, Health & Safety, Security and Environment. Deliver an Internationally Recognised Standard certification for the company, establish processes and procedures to manage due diligence as well as internal quality management of our company. Enhance the development focus for continual improvement processes and solutions with the objective to strengthen customer relations and harmony within the organization’s inter-operational activities.
The position reports to the Managing Director, and forms part of the WPS Corporate Management Team.
Act in accordance with Waypoint Port Services’ overall values, business strategies, policies and as well as the principles of this functional description. Work closely with each Country Manager so as to establish clear QHSSE guidelines in each office and overview the safe dealings with local and global service providers.
Act as a link in other WPS offices as well as with pertinent external organizations, bodies, authorities and persons in the capacity as QHSSE for Waypoint Port Service.
- Continuously manage the implementation and maintenance of documented processes, and identify and record possible mistakes, deficiencies, complaints, feedback and/or other unsatisfactory conditions and non-conformities regarding the quality of our services.
- Maintain development focus for continual improvement processes and solutions with the objective to strengthen customer relations to the extent that where appropriate, assists in yearly business plans, AOP as well as updates on local regulations concerning shipping industry and revisions to subscribed ISO standards and clauses.
- Establish policies, procedures, corporate governance, compliance and values and implement processes that contribute to the overall business objectives for the company.
- Establish Global Process Owners (GPO) in the organisation for the processes and compliance to KPIs.
- Actively contribute in detecting areas for improvement of the processes and maintaining a high level of process understanding in the team.
- Function as a link, in the management, implementation and maintenance requirements of the Quality Management System as well as with pertinent external organizations, bodies, authorities and persons in the capacity as Management Representative.
- Obtain an internationally recognised standard certification (ISO) for Waypoint Port Services
- Directly lead implementation and maintenance of Quality Management System activities and the maintenance, upkeep and control of pertinent quality records, such as but not limited to :
- Management Review
- List of Contracts
- Contract Review
- Assessment of Suppliers
- List of Approved Suppliers
- Improvement Potentials and Improvement Areas
- Customer Complaints/Feedback
- Internal Quality Audit Planning/Reports
- External Quality Audit Reports
- Training Plan and Review
- Conduct Fire Drill and contingency exercises in all WPS Offices
- Conduct Safety and Safety awareness training in all WPS Offices
- Document cross-training/planned back up personnel basis Annual Vacation & Back up plan 2019
- Continuously provide management with information/updates on Quality Management System including trend(s) analysis relating to deficiencies, non-conformances, corrective actions and review of the effectiveness of corrective/preventive measures implemented for continual improvement of the organization’s Quality Management System.
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Have a valid driving license
- Have a clean police conduct report
- Minimum (5) years relevant experience in similar position
- At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
- Ease to communicate effectively and clearly within a multinational environment
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable, enthusiastic and professional ATTITUDE
- Confident in relating to different organisational levels
- Available to work outside normal working office hours, many times under stressful situations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised, disciplined and strong personality
- Result oriented
- Ability to co-operate across organisation lines internally and towards customers
- Systematic and accurate nature
- Extensive use of WayGate
Waypoint Port Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
In order to apply for this Job please send us email with your CV to email@example.com with the following subject: “QHSSE Manager”.